This position is responsible for the development, implementation, and continued expansion of the Worker’s Compensation and No-Fault programs for NSONJ, LLC. The Worker’s Compensation Coordinator serves as the point of contact for all internal and external Worker’s Compensation and No Fault related issues, including, but not limited to, negotiating contracts, resolving payor related issues, and successful authorization and collection of Worker’s Compensation and No Fault accounts.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as liaison between NSONJ, LLC and Worker’s Compensation/No Fault Payors
- Evaluate current portfolio of contracts related to Worker’s Compensation/No Fault, and assess for continued partnerships
- Responsible for establishing relationships with key employers, payors and other business entities
- Acquires treatment authorization for Worker’s Compensation/No Fault related services, and ensures completed paperwork is uploaded into practice management system
- Assists/instructs NSONJ clinical and support staff on Worker’s Compensation/No Fault related obligations to ensure all documentation requirements are met
- Monitors Worker’s Compensation/No Fault account balances in preparation for litigation
- Conducts quality reviews of Worker’s Compensation/No Fault accounts to ensure operational and administrative polices are followed.
- Ensures NSONJ, LLC billing team has all necessary elements for timely and effective billing/invoicing
- Track Clinical Outcomes, e.g. LOS, Complication rates, Rehab admissions, Post op PT’s, Return to work days, etc.
- Develop outreach program to identify and secure a referral network of physicians, Employers, payors and attorneys
- Performs other duties as assigned