“I take time to understand the etiology of a patient’s physical complaints and together with the patient and referring physician create a treatment plan.”
About Therapist Bill Gilligan
Bill has taken several courses on spine and extremity rehabilitation and manual techniques. He has extensive experience and passion for treating surgical and non-surgical spine and musculoskeletal conditions. Being part of Neurosurgeons of New Jersey team gives him the opportunity to work closely with the surgeons, staying in constant communication regarding patients status and adjusting treatment plans as needed.
Meet Bill Gilligan
Bill Gilligan graduated from Northeastern University Bouvé College of Health Sciences in Boston Massachusetts. He is a Bergen County native and has been treating patients in the area since 1986. He has extensive experience in treating orthopedic and sports injuries in multiple settings.
Bill’s treatment philosophy is to take time to understand the etiology of a patient’s physical complaints and together with the patient and referring physician create a treatment plan to restore patients to their preinjury level of function and give them a base to work from towards their health and fitness goals.
Bill currently resides in Ramsey with his wife and one or two of his daughters. In his spare time he enjoys trail running and fitness activities along with spending time with his wife and 2 grown daughters.
- State-of-the-art functional exercise equipment and modalities
- Individualized in-clinic and home exercise programs
- Skilled manual therapy and Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization
- Evaluation of individual motion impairments
- Training specific to sport or hobby-related needs
- Evaluations for returning to sports after surgery
- Patient education
- Future injury prevention
- Orthopedic/Sports Injuries
- Back and neck pain
- Sports injuries
- Strains and sprains
- Pre/Post operative spinal procedures
- Pre/Post operative orthopedic procedures
- Balance and gait training
- Empire BCBS
- Horizon BCBS
- New Jersey No Fault
- New Jersey Workers Compensation
- Oxford United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Empire/NYSHIP
- United Healthcare