About Dr. Ahsan Sattar
Dr. Sattar is an Endovascular Interventional Neurologist specializing in cerebrovascular disease treatment and prevention.
Meet Dr. Sattar
His surgical focus is in neuro-interventional procedures such as acute stroke thrombectomy, cerebral aneurysm coiling and embolizations, arteriovenous malformation and intracranial tumor embolizations, extracranial and intracranial angioplasty and stenting.
Dr. Sattar earned his medical degree from the Aga Khan University of Karachi, Pakistan in 2007. He completed his residency training in Neurology at the University of Wisconsin in 2013. He then joined the Medical College of Wisconsin where he completed his fellowship training in Vascular Neurology and Endovascular Surgical Neuroradiology.
In addition to working out of our Livingston office, Dr. Sattar has the ability to treat and admit patients at the following area hospitals.
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center
- St. Joseph’s Health
- The Valley Hospital
- Hackensack Meridian Health – Mountainside Medical Center
See what Dr. Sattar has accomplished over the years.
- Soref Research Fellow of the Year, 2015
- Citation for Medical Student Teaching, 2011 & 2012
- Francis M. Forster Award, 2010
- Aetna Medicare
- Aetna Meritain & Assure
- Aetna Signature (1199 & GEHA)
- Aetna Whole Health
- Cigna Mohawk Valley (PPO only thru Valley Cigna)
- Clover Medicare – Case by Case exception
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (Blue Card/Suitcase/PPO)
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ (commercial)
- Horizon Braven Health (PPO, HMO-POS)
- Braven Medicare Choice PPO
- Braven Medicare Freedom PPO
- Braven Medicare Group HMO-POS
- Braven Medicare Access group HMO-POS
- Horizon NJ Health
- Medicare (Part A and Part B)
- No Fault- NJ only
- Omnia (tier 1)
- Oxford Garden State Health Plan
- Oxford Health Plan
- UHC under Empire/NYSHIP plan
- United HealthCare (commercial, including All Savers) UMR
- Worker’s Comp- NJ Only