“It is a commonly held belief that technical skill and bedside manner are mutually exclusive traits in a physician. We have debunked that theory by demonstrating the highest level of both abilities when it comes to patient care.”
About Dr. David Estin
Dr. Estin specializes in the treatment of brain tumors and spinal disorders. He has particular expertise in the use of endoscopic techniques to remove pituitary tumors at the base of the brain through the nose.
Meet Dr. Estin
He commonly employs advanced technology such as image guidance and stereotactic radiosurgery (i.e. Gammaknife, Cyberknife, Tomotherapy) in the treatment of brain tumors and trigeminal neuralgia.
Spinal disorders are routinely approached using minimally invasive techniques, including the use of tubular portals for microdiscectomy, spinal stenosis, spinal fusion and spinal tumors. He also has special expertise in robotic spinal surgery and artificial disc replacement in the cervical spine.
With his main office in central New Jersey, Dr. Estin has helped establish a center of excellence in the communities of Monmouth and Ocean counties.
Dr. Estin graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Human Biology from Brown University, magna cum laude. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree from the New York University School of Medicine and was admitted to Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. He then completed an Internship in Surgery at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, an affiliate of Harvard Medical School. His Neurological Surgery residency was undertaken at Tufts University, serving as chief resident at Tufts and at Beth Israel Deaconess.
Dr. Estin is board certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons as well as the American Association of Neurological Surgeons.
In addition to working out of our Toms River and West Long Branch offices, Dr. Estin has the ability to treat and admit patients at the following area hospitals.
- NYU Langone Helath
- Riverview Medical Center
- Monmouth Medical Center – Southern Campus
- Bayshore Community Hospital
See what Dr. Estin has accomplished over the years.
- Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctor (2020)
- Top Doctors, New Jersey Monthly Magazine (2012 – 2020)
- The Best Doctors in America (2005 – 2015)
- America’s Top Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Sigma Xi Scientific Honor Society
- Lida Shaw King Prize for Outstanding Achievement in Biology, Brown University
See the research Dr. Estin has had published.
- Neurosurgical Overview in Rehabilitative Surgery, April 2017
- Connexins are expressed in primary brain tumors and enhance the bystander effect in gene therapy, February 1999
- Tandem aneurysms of the distal anterior inferior cerebellar artery: Case report.Journal of Neurovascular Disease, 1998
- Functional analysis of third ventriculostomy patency with phase-contrast MRI velocity measurements, March 1997
- Caudal Agenesis and Associated Caudal Spinal Cord Malformations, April 1995
- Signaling normal human T-cells: synergism between CD 2 Antigen and CD3/T cell receptor alpha beta complex in the elicitation of IL-2 gene expression. Transplantation Proceedings, 1991
- The molecular basis for the synergism between the CD3/alpha beta T cell receptor and the CD2 antigen-derived signals in promoting T-cell proliferation. Transplantation, 1991
- Signaling T-cells: crosslinkage of the T-cell antigen receptor alpha beta heterodimer (T-cell receptor) with the Cluster Determinant 2 (CD 2) antigen promotes gene expression and new DNA synthesis. Clinical Research, 1990
- Aetna Medicare
- Aetna Meritain & Assure
- Aetna Signature (1199 & GEHA)
- Aetna Whole Health
- Cigna Mohawk Valley (PPO only thru Valley Cigna)
- Clover Medicare – Case by Case exception
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (Blue Card/Suitcase/PPO)
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ (commercial)
- Horizon Braven Health (PPO, HMO-POS)
- Braven Medicare Choice PPO
- Braven Medicare Freedom PPO
- Braven Medicare Group HMO-POS
- Braven Medicare Access group HMO-POS
- Medicare (Part A and Part B)
- No Fault- NJ only
- Omnia (tier 1)
- Oxford Garden State Health Plan
- Oxford Health Plan
- UHC under Empire/NYSHIP plan
- United HealthCare (commercial, including All Savers) UMR
- Worker’s Comp- NJ Only