“Knowing my patients well and understanding their complete story is incredibly important to me. Beyond providing the best surgical care in NJ/NY, our group aims to help our patients navigate the healthcare system and serve as advocates for them.”
About Dr. Paul R. Gigante
Dr. Gigante’s treatment philosophy is based on a conservative treatment approach to herniated cervical and lumbar discs, spinal degeneration, spinal tumors, fractures, and spinal fusions, utilizing advanced and minimally invasive surgical techniques where applicable. For patients with refractory chronic arm, leg, and back pain, Dr. Gigante performs spinal cord stimulation when all other conservative treatments have failed.
Meet Dr. Gigante
Dr. Gigante also specializes in the treatment of brain tumors in important functional areas of the brain, trigeminal neuralgia, and utilizes a novel frameless surgical technique to perform deep brain stimulation for patients with Parkinson’s Disease, essential tremor, and dystonia.
Dr. Gigante is now seeing patients at Barnabas Health Ambulatory Care Center in Livingston, New Jersey. He takes insurance and welcomes new and returning clients to his new office.
Dr. Gigante graduated from Harvard Medical School and went on to complete his Neurosurgical Residency and Chief Residency at Columbia University Medical Center/NewYork Presbyterian Hospital. He then completed fellowship training at Stanford University in functional neurosurgery, focusing on frameless deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s Disease and essential tremor; spinal cord stimulation for chronic pain; and surgical treatments of trigeminal neuralgia.
After completing his training, Dr. Gigante began practicing as neurological surgeon in Minneapolis, Minnesota. During this time, Dr. Gigante performed spinal surgeries and implemented a Deep Brain Stimulation program for Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders, in conjunction with Fairview Health and the University of Minnesota Physicians.
Dr. Gigante then returned to the New York/New Jersey area in 2015 to join the Neurosurgeons of NJ, where he has spent years providing central New Jersey with high level, conservative spine surgery, including cervical and lumbar discectomy and fusions. Dr. Gigante is also one of the state’s few experts in spinal cord stimulation and Deep Brain Stimulation, and continues to work on building programs for patients with Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, dystonia, and chronic pain.
See the research Dr. Paul R. Gigante has had published.
See what Dr. Gigante has accomplished over the years.
- Kenneth Schulman Award, AANS 2012
- Joseph Collins Foundation Scholarship
- Harvard Medical School OEP Research Grant
- Small Fellowships Award
Valley Hospital Affiliate
- Cranial Neurosurgery Excellence Award Recipient (2017)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Cranial Neurosurgery (2017)
- Five-Star Recipient for Cranial Neurosurgery (2017)
In addition to working out of our Livingston office, Dr. Gigante has the ability to treat and admit patients at the following area hospitals.
- The Valley Hospital
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center
- St. Joseph’s Health
- Hackensack Meridian Health – Montainside Mecidal Center
- Atlantic Health System – Overlook Medical Center
- Aetna Medicare
- Aetna Meritain & Assure
- Aetna Signature (1199 & GEHA)
- Aetna Whole Health
- Cigna Mohawk Valley (PPO only thru Valley Cigna)
- Clover Medicare – Case by Case exception
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (Blue Card/Suitcase/PPO)
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ (commercial)
- Horizon Braven Health (PPO, HMO-POS)
- Braven Medicare Choice PPO
- Braven Medicare Freedom PPO
- Braven Medicare Group HMO-POS
- Braven Medicare Access group HMO-POS
- Medicare (Part A and Part B)
- No Fault- NJ only
- Omnia (tier 1)
- Oxford Garden State Health Plan
- Oxford Health Plan
- UHC under Empire/NYSHIP plan
- United HealthCare (commercial, including All Savers) UMR
- Worker’s Comp- NJ Only