If you need spine surgery, there are many doctors available who can help you. But how can you find the best spine doctors in New Jersey?
If you have back pain or sciatica or neck pain with cervical radiculopathy, then you know how the pain can limit your ability to do the things you want to do. The pain can prevent you from engaging in your normal active lifestyle and it may make caring for your family or going to work difficult or impossible.
Treatment Options for Spinal Pain
There are many different treatments for spinal pain. Conservative treatments like physical therapy or chiropractic care may help decrease your pain and improve your mobility. Spinal injections may help to relieve inflammation around your spine.
If you have tried conservative treatments but continue with pain, you may be a candidate for spine surgery. Your spine surgeon will determine the best type for surgery to perform for your specific condition.
Different types of spine surgery include:
- Minimally invasive laminectomy or discectomy
- Minimally invasive lumbar fusion
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF)
- Standard open laminectomy or discectomy
- Cervical laminotomy
Regardless of the cause of your pain and the procedure that is necessary to fix it, you need to find the right doctor to help you achieve the best possible outcome for your condition.
Finding the best NJ spine doctor can be a daunting task. Who do you trust when deciding to have surgery on your spine? Which spine doctor will listen to your needs and ensure that you have the best possible outcome?
What Makes an Excellent Spine Doctor?
When looking for a spine surgeon in New Jersey, you should seek out the best doctor for your condition. So what makes an excellent surgeon? What qualities do the best neurosurgeons in New Jersey share?
Some qualities of top-rated New Jersey spine surgeons include:
- Your doctor has a professional demeanor and treats you with respect.
- Your doctor listens to your concerns and adequately answers questions you have about your spinal surgery.
- Your spine doctor is a leader in their profession who engages in research and educational pursuits.
- Your doctor’s staff understands how your back or neck pain affects your day-to-day life and active lifestyle.
- Your doctor is board certified.
- Your doctor uses innovative surgical techniques like minimally invasive spine surgery.
- Your doctor explains all procedures to you and makes sure you and your family understand all aspects of your spinal surgery.
Remember, an excellent spine surgeon uses modern innovative techniques, but also keeps your needs first. Your doctor should treat you and your family with respect and kindness while offering compassionate care in a stress free manner.
How to Find the Right Spine Doctor for Your Needs
Once you understand the qualities that make up an excellent spine surgeon, it is time to find the right doctor to fit your needs. Some ways to find the best doctor for your condition include:
- Ask your family physician
- Talk to friends and family members who may have had positive experiences with their doctor
- Meet with your doctor and take notes about your experience
- Check online for positive reviews
The best way to find the right doctor for your condition is to have a face to face meeting with him or her. Ask a lot of questions about your spine surgery and the type of care you will receive.
Be sure your doctor is engaged in your care and explains to you all aspects of it. He or she should compassionately understand the importance of you returning to your previous, active lifestyle.
You should also ask your spine surgeon about the facility in which you will be having your surgery. The best New Jersey spine surgery centers have modern equipment with professionals that use innovative surgical techniques to achieve the best possible outcome for your condition.
Most importantly, every person involved in the care for your spine should be a compassionate professional who understands how your back pain or neck pain is affecting your life.
They should work with you in a therapeutic alliance to provide the best care possible so you can return to your previous active lifestyle.
When you are dealing with low back pain and sciatica, neck pain or cervical radiculopathy, you may require surgery to correct your problem and help you return to your previous level of function and activity.
Finding the right spine care team should be of paramount importance when choosing who to be involved in your care. When choosing the right surgeon for you, remember that not all doctors are the same. Some surgeons practice in a manner that is not patient focused.
The best spine surgeon for your condition is one that uses innovative techniques and maintains a professional, therapeutic relationship with you. That way, you can trust that the outcome of your spine surgery is positive and you can quickly get back to your active lifestyle.