About Dr. Moise
Dr. Gaetan Moise is driven to help patients achieve, pain-free lives through non-surgical and appropriate surgical options. Dr. Moise uses the latest advancements technology to treat a variety of diseases of the spine.
Dr. Moise specializes in minimally invasive treatment of cervical and lumbar degenerative disease, cervical myelopathy, spinal reconstruction, Chiari malformation, and spine and nerve tumors.
Dr. Moise received his undergraduate degree in Neuroscience and Behavior from the College of Physicians & Surgeons at Columbia University, graduated Magna Cum Laude, and was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He continued his education at the College of Physicians & Surgeons and was awarded his medical degree, honored as a member of the medical honor society Alpha Omega Alpha, and was designated as one of P&S Class of 2004 Exemplars of Outstanding Humanism & Compassion. Dr. Moise completed an internship in general surgery and a residency in Neurological Surgery at New York-Presbyterian Hospital at Columbia University. He also served as Chief Resident to the Department of Neurological Surgery.
Dr. Moise is a member of The Congress of Neurological Surgeons and the American Association of Neurological Surgeons. He has authored several peer-reviewed publications. In addition to his work with Neurosurgeons of New Jersey, Dr. Moise is an Assistant Professor in Adult Neurosurgery at the Neurological Institute of New York-Presbyterian Hospital. He is also an attending physician in the Department of Adult Neurosurgery at The Valley Hospital, St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center, and Saint Barnabus Medical Center.
In addition to working out of our Ridgewood office, Dr. Moise has the ability to treat and admit patients at the following area hospitals.
See what Dr. Moise has accomplished over the years.
- Bergen’s Top Doctors, 2014 – 2020
- Vitals Patient’s Choice Award, 2014
- American’s Top Surgeons, 2017
- The Marquis Who’s Who In America Award, 2018 – 2019
- Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Award, 2015
- Aura Severinghaus Award, 2004
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Columbia College of Physicians & Surgeons 2003
- Malcolm X Scholarship Fund Scholar 2004
- Columbia College of P&S Class of 2004 Exemplars of Outstanding Humanism &
- Phi Beta Kappa, Columbia University, 1999
- Magna Cum Laude, Columbia University, 1999
- Aetna Medicare
- Aetna Meritain & Assure
- Aetna Signature (1199 & GEHA)
- Aetna Whole Health
- Cigna Mohawk Valley (PPO only thru Valley Cigna)
- Clover Medicare – Case by Case exception
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (Blue Card/Suitcase/PPO)
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ (commercial)
- Horizon Braven Health (PPO, HMO-POS)
- Braven Medicare Choice PPO
- Braven Medicare Freedom PPO
- Braven Medicare Group HMO-POS
- Braven Medicare Access group HMO-POS
- Medicare (Part A and Part B)
- No Fault- NJ only
- Omnia (tier 1)
- Oxford Garden State Health Plan
- Oxford Health Plan
- UHC under Empire/NYSHIP plan
- United HealthCare (commercial, including All Savers) UMR
- Worker’s Comp- NJ Only