“Our team focuses on providing compassionate and individualized attention to each patient’s personal needs during the course of his or her treatment.”
About Dr. William S. Cobb
Dr. Cobb is a member of the American Academy of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) and Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS) and the joint Tumor section. Dr. Cobb has authored a number of peer-reviewed publications.
Meet Dr. Cobb
Dr. Cobb is a board-certified neurosurgeon based in our Northern New Jersey practice out of Ridgewood, NJ with access to the latest technology including frameless intraoperative guidance systems, ultrasound and fluoroscopic-assisted surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, minimally invasive techniques and endoscopy to treat a variety of neurological conditions.
He is the Director of Neurosurgical Oncology at The Valley Hospital.
Dr. Cobb graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Pennsylvania before receiving a Doctoral degree in neuroscience from Rutgers University studying the neurochemistry and neurophysiology of the brain. Upon completing his doctoral degree, Dr. Cobb then graduated from the New Jersey Medical School where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society and received the NJMS highest student honor, the Stanley S. Bergen, Jr., M.D. Medal of Excellence award.
He subsequently completed his Surgery internship and Neurological Surgery residency at New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in NYC. In addition, Dr. Cobb spent two years in the research lab during his residency doing a neuro-oncological research fellowship at Weill Cornell and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center studying the development of brain tumors.
Dr. Cobb continues to have a strong interest in diseases of the brain and spine with a particular focus in neurological oncology. In particular, he is interested in the use of stereotactic radiosurgery in conjunction with surgical intervention in the treatment of tumors of the brain and spine.
In addition to working out of our Ridgewood office, Dr. Cobb has the ability to treat and admit patients at the following area hospitals.
- The Valley Hospital
- St. Joseph’s Health
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center
- Aetna Medicare
- Aetna Meritain & Assure
- Aetna Signature (1199 & GEHA)
- Aetna Whole Health
- Clover Medicare – Case by Case exception
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (Blue Card/Suitcase/PPO)
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ (commercial)
- Horizon Braven Health (PPO, HMO-POS)
- Braven Medicare Choice PPO
- Braven Medicare Freedom PPO
- Braven Medicare Group HMO-POS
- Braven Medicare Access group HMO-POS
- Medicare (Part A and Part B)
- No Fault (New Jersey Motor Vehicle Accidents Only)
- Omnia (tier 1)
- Oxford Garden State Health Plan
- Oxford Health Plan
- UHC under Empire/NYSHIP plan
- United HealthCare (commercial, including All Savers) UMR
- Worker’s Comp- NJ Only
Honors, Awards & Recognition
See what Dr. Cobb has accomplished over the years.
- NJMS Highest Student Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha, New Jersey Medical School
- Stanley S. Bergen, Jr., M.D. Medal of Excellence
Valley Hospital Affiliate
- Cranial Neurosurgery Excellence Award Recipient (2017)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Cranial Neurosurgery (2017)
- Five-Star Recipient for Cranial Neurosurgery (2017)